[plug] Mail Lists (was Mail Servers and before that Mail Delivery options)

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Thu Aug 23 17:00:41 WST 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> It seems to work quite well! Only real issue is it's basically two mail lists -
> one non-munged, and one munged. Since I handle subscription manually, that's no
> big deal - I can add people to one or the other list based on their mail format
> preference.

You could give out the 2 different subscription addresses for people
to use couldn't you? so they can choose which one they want to subscribe
to?

> Matt!! If you've made it this far - how the smeg do I suppress the Resent-To
> (and other) header that smartlist adds on?? I can't find much in the docs, and
> a modified "strip header" solution from the FAQ only seems to work with
> existing headers, not the ones smartlist adds...

They are all added by the formail command in rc.submit
I _think_ you can get away with just removing the

-a"Resent-From: $listaddr" ...  -I"Resent-Sender: $listreq"

etc from that command line, but you should probably test that first :)

The formail manpage is very enlightening.

 - Matt