[plug] Installfest 2001 - Announce & Details.

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Fri Aug 24 09:42:41 WST 2001

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 09:09:31AM +0800, Simon Scott wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback :) 2 points
>
> 1) I dont have a clue about anything. Period.

Now now. I'm pretty sure I spotted some clues floating around in your posts
somewhere. They're sneaky little buggers you know.

> And calling me entertaining only encourages me.

Duly noted. You boring git.
:)

> 2) The site Im at use Lotus Notes

Ah yes - I knew there were a few other mail clients that have Outlook-level
suckage.

> - it blows.

As an interesting philosophical question, how does one best determine
whether a crappy piece of software sucks or blows? I mean, surely it
shouldn't do both - should it?

> It lacks simple features like > indenting quoted text.

So does spOutlook, but only when you reply to RTF mail. Responding to plain
text email works okay. When you configure it to *sigh*.

> Depending on the size of the quote, sometimes I plug it in myself as an
[ overoptimistic ;) ]
> attempt to appear normal.

> If anyone is a Notes guru and can tell me how to make this prog more
> sane, please let me know.

Hell, let us all know in case any of us have to use the bugger in future.:)

I know another mailing list I'm on has what is virtually a formal "Guide On
How To Make MS Outlook Not Suck Quite So Much" which explains for the
non-tech types exactly how you need to alter its configuration so it plays
nicely in the internet mail world.

> And accept my apologies for the crap formatting, I know it sucks and
> ruins the threading on some mailers but Im kinda stuck :)
>
> And remember one thing above all when reading my posts - my tongue
> is *always* firmly planted in my cheek. If you are offended by what I say,

Not by what you *say*. :)

> maybe we should have a beer after work so you know me well enough to never
> take me seriously again.

Duly noted.

---------- excerpt from pete's brain configuration file ------------
Email.fromSimon.seriousmode = off
---------- excerpt from pete's brain configuration file ------------

> I have a very strange sense of humour, and often people dont 'get' it.

"See boys and girls, this is what using Lotus Notes can do to you!"

*oooooh, say the kids in fascinated horror*

"Remember, friends don't let friends do Lotus Notes."

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/

--
Real programmers don't write in BASIC.  Actually, no programmers write in
BASIC after reaching puberty.