[plug] Web database stuff - Bollocks

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Fri Aug 24 10:37:29 WST 2001

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 01:31:46AM +0000, Mike wrote:
> IMO. Its not clever to abandon a descriptive method simply because
> it was conceived prior to your birth, I think the wheel still
> has its uses ;)

The wheel is a descriptive method?  :)

Flowcharts are not a great way to design or represent algorithms
for most modern languages because they do not guarantee a one-to
one mapping to teir control structures.

They are great if you want to write code that's full of GOTOs, or
if you are disciplined enough to only create charts that you know
will map into your implementation language's control structures.

However, most of the "programmers" I know (and have taught) do not
meet either of these requirements...  :)

...just my 2c (which rounds down to nothing if you pay cash  :)

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Be a part of the Open Source
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | Community, not the Open Source