[plug] connecting to windoze databases from linux

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Fri Aug 24 20:33:35 WST 2001

Simon Scott wrote:

>         Think of the problem in reverse - put all your data onto Linux, and
> then share it to MS products via ODBC.

Agreed.

>         I think MySQL and pgsql have ODBC drivers, but I cant comment on how
> stable/effective they are.

They are fine, although they are only for Windows, not Macintosh.  Well,
I guess that's not much of a problem unless you're a Macintosh person.

They exist.  http://www.jepstone.net/FreeODBC/.

Yes, you can, see http://www.freetds.org.

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au> http://malcolm.wattle.id.au