[plug] ultra elete dumb terminals.

Russell Clarke buddyholy at softhome.net
Tue Aug 28 15:43:06 WST 2001

Gooday,
            Now i am about to go hunting for a dumb terminal to look up
to my trusty linux box.
Now since its every 2nd linux users dream to have a serial terminal
hooked up to there linux workstation/server.
I am just checking here if anybody who reads this list knows a good
place to get a cheap terminal.

Another think i was thinking of that plug as a whole could get involved
in.
I also know rosses auctions put  pallets of dumb terminals (holding
10-20 units)
And im quite sure at auction a pallet of terminals goes for around
$45-$100
Something like RS232 Day ;-) chip and $5 each bucks and get your self a
ultra elite serial terminal ;-),
It could even be a humerous way to spend one monthly meeting
If  I get enough people interested I don't mind organizing the purchase
of such a palette ;-).

If there are none at auction I know the terminals are out there for
example the City of Stirling replaced
nearly all the serial dumb terminals that were used in the library
system to PII 500/64meg ram HP's
that run windows NT workstation with winlock and a terminal emulator,
Thats a great waste of my rates ;-(

Anyhow ill see how it goes

Cheers
Russell Clarke

P.S. RS232 ?....is my terminology right, that's the technical name for a
serial interface, right