[plug] XFree

Christian Müller mullerc at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 29 20:32:25 WST 2001

I know I was told not to toy around with X after it is set up, but I did it
anyway, as I wanted hardware acceleration. I tried to install the nvidia
drivers and failed. The question now is, how do I get X running again on my
debian box? I know Tony and James did something to it, as we had the same
problem at the installfest, but I cannot remember what it was. I saved the
original XF86Config-4 file, before I then deinstalled X and put X on there
again, but now it keeps telling me that there is no fixed font available or
something like that. What can I do to fix that. I think that there are
supposed to be some scripts in the /etc/X11/xinit foldes, as well as in
xserver, but both of these are empty.

Christian