[plug] stupid newbie question

garry bigbadbill at dingoblue.net.au
Thu Aug 30 08:57:03 WST 2001

You say you have logged in as admin, do you mean root?

Either way.. In an xterm window, type su. It will ask you for a password, and
you enter the root or superuser password.

Then type df. (stands for disk free, which it does by mounted partition)

This will tell you if the cd(s) are mounted or not.

Type ls -la /mnt. This will give you a listing of the mountable drives and
their permissions.

If you want to, change the permissons with chmod (try man chmod).

Or if you want to keep the security, just remember to go to root (su) to
mount the drive in future.

Garry.

My two cd drives seem to already be mounted,