[plug] stupid newbie question

psteege at tpg.com.au psteege at tpg.com.au
Thu Aug 30 12:03:10 WST 2001

You should be able to:

1.  Enter "su" and then your root password when asked.   (this logs
you in as root to mount the cdrom).
2.  Do a "mount /mnt/cdrom"
3.  Do a "ls /mnt/cdrom" and see the contents of the cdrom.
4.  Do a "exit" to return to the user you were when you logged in.
5.  Do an "ls /mnt/cdrom" and still see the listing of the cdrom.
6.  Then you can use Konqueror or whatever to view files..

Normally a Mandrake install will load programs which will automount
your cd whenever you install it, and automatically start konqueror.

Good luck

> I'm sorry, but this isn't a newbie question. I'm somewhat of a
newbie myself
> but have delved into a bit of "hardqore" (do you like the q?)
command line