[plug] stupid newbie question...solved

Tim cawdor9 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 14:44:06 WST 2001

Hi all,

thanks to all who responded, I really appreciate your help. Well after
having carefully read all posts and how-tos in regards to my problem, I
fired up Mandrake ready to make some changes and voila, there were both my
cdrw and cdrom, ready for action. The directories /mnt/cdrom1 and
/mnt/cdrom2 were now unlocked and I made a shortcut to them on my desktop.
No problems at all.
Now how come this happened??? I had not changed a thing since the last time
I ran Mandrake and this was about the fifth time I ran it. Hey....I'm not
complaining :) I didn't know Linux was able to read its user's mind at
bootup...nice feature :)

Back to lurk mode now,

Tim