[plug] Minimal Linux gateway - TCP over RS232 ?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 31 13:09:49 WST 2001

At 09:45 AM 31/8/2001 +0800, Mike Holland <myk at golden.wattle.id.au> wrote:

>Hang on. The serial ports will need IRQs. Why not disable them and use
>their interupts for the network cards? Or shuffle something else into
>IRQ3/4 and make room.

Yes possible - but one of the machines has fixed on board serial
ports with dedicated IRQ's - the other machine I can fiddle
around with but am unwilling, prefer to keep both machines
set up as similar as possible giuven my limited linux knowledge :(

>The software is very simple. Run pppd for each link, and that will fix
>your routing automatically.

Thanks Mike H,

I'll look into pppd when I get some time,