[plug] Minimal Linux gateway - TCP over RS232 ?

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Aug 31 16:05:34 WST 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Mike wrote:

> >Hang on. The serial ports will need IRQs. Why not disable them and use

> Yes possible - but one of the machines has fixed on board serial
> ports with dedicated IRQ's

Hmmm... Does he need to 'disable' the hardware, or just dis-associate the
interupts from the serial ports in the Linux kernel?
 I think the serial port and other hardware can share an interrupt,
especially if you are not actually using the serial port.

> I'll look into pppd when I get some time,

See the howtos. You just need a list of options in /etc/ppp/peers/<name>

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--