[plug] sshd and telnetd problems

Arkem arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Fri Aug 31 20:33:08 WST 2001

I've set up both telnetd and sshd on my linux box (sshd for external
connections and telnet for local with telnet connections from outside
the localnet stopped at the firewall) and it all looks fine. telnetd
is run from inetd and ssh is run as a stand alone server. I go to
connect via ssh or telnet (from the same PC as the servers are
running) and the connection establishes and then is closed
"Connection closed by foriegn host"

I've checked my hosts.allow and hosts.deny files and they are fine
but are probably not the problem anyway since only telnet is launched
through inetd.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what may be the problem? Is there
a file that I haven't heard of that dictates terms to sshd and
telnetd?

Regards
Paul Chamberlain