[plug] [Web Site Update] - December 2001

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Mon Dec 3 12:09:33 WST 2001

December 2001 Edition
===================

Contents
=======
1. Rogue
2. New Releases Administrator
3. Editorials
4. New Poll

1. Rogue
-------

The latest version of Postnuke, Rogue, has just been released and we'll be
changing over to it soon.  I've been running the CVS version for the last
couple of weeks and it is very nice.  Not that I expect users to see much
difference immediately, but Rogue is a much more modular system and offers
greater security (given recent events that's a definite plus).

2. New Releases Administrator
---------------------

Chris Crawford, yeah the LinuxWA dude, has kindly agreed to handle the New
Release category.  The new category includes the latest release info about
major projects (the kernel, gnome, kde, mozilla, etc). If you wish to keep up
to date about new releases then just click on the 'New Release' link in the
categories box (upper right hand corner).  Thanks Chris.

3. Editorial
--------

December also sees the introduction of our guest editorials.  Peter Revill, a
16 year student from Perth that has had several articles published in
OSOpinion, has provided us with article about what punishment he believes the
US Justice Department should impose upon Microsoft.

Your comments are always welcome.

4. New Poll
--------

The change of month brings about a change in poll.  This month's poll is:

'How many times did you reboot your computer in the last month?'

Questions, comments or difficulties

skribe
--
Public key information available at: