[plug] sendmail

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Dec 4 19:36:54 WST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Christian Müller wrote:

> When I am getting e-mails from the server at work, they get rejected
> because the domain name does not resolve. How can I cange that with
> sendmail? I basically want it to accept all e-mail being sent to me and not
> just the one that resolves back to an IP / domain name.

Have you looked at your config files?
My /etc/sendmail.mc file has:

dnl We strongly recommend to comment this one out if you want to protect
dnl yourself from spam. However, the laptop and users on computers that do
dnl not hav 24x7 DNS do need this.
FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')

So add that last line, rebuild sendmail.cf, and restart sendmail.
HTH.

				-- Dr. Who