[plug] Job: Web Programmer

Steven Vertigan steve at vertigan.wattle.id.au
Wed Dec 5 16:42:29 WST 2001

Hi Trevor, nothing to do with the job but speaking of Murdoch I was
wondering if you know anything about the security tapes in Physical
Sciences building?  See I lost my wallet last tuesday between 3-4 pm in
PS1.16f (or GCL1) and some helpful person took it in that short period
of time.  I noticed there was a security camera in that room so I
*thought* it would be a simple matter to look at the tape from 3 to 4 to
see who it was but noone wants to help me.  I've spoken to security and
they say they can't access the tapes it's someone from the IT department
(someone Deacon from memory) but every time I return they say he still
hasn't called them back or they're talking to someone different than
they were yesterday.  My main worry now is that the tapes will/have been
taped over.  I realise these details probably have nothing to do with
your job as such but I was hoping you might be able to shed some light
on internal procedures there, even if it's only how often the tapes are
recycled, God knows noone else seems to have a clue.

Thanks,
Steve