[plug] Processor restrictions for linux ?

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Dec 6 15:14:38 WST 2001

> I take it that this 'XP' version is a marketing bandwagon re microsoft
> and has no probs with linux or does it actually have some useful
> core additions that linux has a use for re multimedia applications,
> few that they are...
Yeah, "XP" is marketing crud. However, the core is upgraded, most
notably by the addition of SSE instruction support, so apps don't have
to support 3DNow to get performance benefits out of the Athlon line of
chips. 3DNow has never been as well supported as intel's SSE.

As for support, you'd have to look at gcc. It's the one doing all the
work.