[plug] Sid

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Dec 11 13:50:51 WST 2001

Anthony Jones wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> I take a different approach. I use Woody and if there's something from Sid
> that I want I download it separately from the Debian site. I keep up with all
> the Woody updates which seems to be about 50-100 mb per week or so. This
> seems to work for me. I'm relatively conservative though because I really
> hate it when my computer isn't working. I get a few broken installs even on
> Woody.

Similar here. I use Woody system(s), with some bits from Sid as I need
them. Except I use apt preferences, so I can still use apt to install
the Sid bits, when I specify them, without needing to manually download
stuff from the web site.

FYI, my /etc/apt/preferences contains:

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing