[plug] Linux Newbies

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:52:43 WST 2001

Bah humbug, you lot are all veterans! People think that I must be fairly
knowledgeable when they hear that I handle the whole KDE en_GB thing, but
I'm not! It's just a flashy title, ignore it! The only reason that I
translate is me not knowing how to programme (don't worry pluggers,
'program' has been left intact, unless we're talking about something non-PC
related like a telly programme)!

As a fellow-newbie-git, I recommend www.linuxnewbie.org. It's got a good
community with people who know nothing, find out something really hard to
figure and then write a howto in plain English. As far as ditros go,
Mandrake is by far the most friendly and has brilliant setup tools. I still
use Mandrake to do all of my partitioning, avoid SuSE partitioning, it's
nasty in comparison! After a few months, try being 'hardkore' and installing
Debian for the first time. You'll stuff things up, but you'll see how things
really operate and then you'll be compelled to explore the guts of big,
graphical distros.

seeya then!
P.S. use KDE 2.2.x onwards with en_GB! ;)