[plug] Spam from The Maverick Partnership

Luke Dudney plug at goa-trance.org
Thu Dec 13 13:15:43 WST 2001

Bret Busby wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Luke Dudney wrote:
>
>>They often use a Reply-To address of a free webmail service like
>>china.com, which are easy to block.
>>Just block those as they come. In postfix's header_checks, I have
>>
>>/^Reply-To:.*(cometowa at china\.com|invescl at yahoo\.com\.au|ausmarketing at china\.com|adelematyas1535 at excite\.com|heribertobrett1404 at excite\.com)/
>>REJECT
>>

>Just to check;
>1. Any header line label (eg From, Reply-To, Resent-From) can be used in
>place of the "Reply-To" in the line above?

Yes that's right. And just to clarify, it's a 'regexp' map.
You can match any header with any regular expression.

>2. The REJECT command has the same effect of REJECT in ipchains - buries
>the communication, but does not send a message back to the sender
>indicating that the message has been rejected (or, is it DENY in ipchains
>that does that?) ?

No, the REJECT on the RHS of the map means to reject the message with a
"552 Error: content rejected"
The sending MTA should bounce the message back to the envelope sender.

And it's the DENY target in ipchains that drops the packet silently.

Cheers
Luke