[plug] Linux Network Support

Arkem arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Fri Dec 14 13:28:02 WST 2001

> > I'm looking at upgrading my Networking, and my Linux gateway has
> > a 10Mbps card, and I want to upgrade it to 100Mbps. There's a
> > cheapo Kingmax/Bromax NIC 10/100, but I can't find any tech info
> > on it. Does
> > anyone know what chipset it has (and if it's supported by Linux)?
> >
> > Similarly with a Netcomm 10/100. Anyone used it?

I've used both the Netcomm and the Kingmax and they are both decent
cheap network cards. As a rule of thumb any network card that is less
than $40 is probably using the Realtech 8139 chipset which is
supported in the linux kernel. I haven't had any problems with the
Kingmax (My gateway has two of these cards in) cards that I've used
and do recommend them (because they are cheap and they work).

Paul Chamberlain