[plug] iinet to be Debian mirror after Christmas some time.

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Sat Dec 15 12:44:26 WST 2001

Hi Plug, I went to the open day at iinet yesterday [ 4 lectures].
They presented the lectures really well (not to say they've solved my
misgivings on customer service)
They said that 95% of their machines are Linux and they have an automated
setup procedure using Debian that can boot a server remotely from its nic
and setup the linux as their chosen build setup in 10 minutes.

They are moving away from RedHat to Debian and consequently say they will
be providing a Debian mirror shortly.

I was very interested in their explanations of Hot Standby Router Protocol
and Open Shortest Path First.  It was a pretty professional presentation
and I'm glad I went.

Daniel.