[plug] iinet to be Debian mirror after Christmas some time.

Ryan ryan at prodigital.net.au
Sat Dec 15 19:05:05 WST 2001

At 12:44 PM 15-12-01 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi Plug, I went to the open day at iinet yesterday [ 4 lectures].
>They presented the lectures really well (not to say they've solved my
>misgivings on customer service)
>They said that 95% of their machines are Linux and they have an automated
>setup procedure using Debian that can boot a server remotely from its nic
>and setup the linux as their chosen build setup in 10 minutes.
>
>They are moving away from RedHat to Debian and consequently say they will
>be providing a Debian mirror shortly.
>
>I was very interested in their explanations of Hot Standby Router Protocol
>and Open Shortest Path First.  It was a pretty professional presentation
>and I'm glad I went.

Ditto, found it very enjoyable, for me it also drove home how simple* and
convenient* things are when you have enough money ... I'm still deciding if
I want a house or an AS5300 ... at least I don't have to buy 2 houses for
redundancy :)

What are the chances they already have an internal mirror on one/several of
the staff machines?

* theoretically, I'm aware of reality.