[plug] Debian Disks and Linux Magazines

Darrell Horrocks darrellh at kpbg.wa.gov.au
Tue Dec 18 11:16:20 WST 2001

Hi All

Can someone lend me the latest Debian Disks?  Hopefully the latest
Woody, but any Woody is fine.  Just have to worry about the modem
charges ;-)  What's the latest in the library?

And then some more questions:
1) I do want to play with Debian with the Gnome desktop.  And warnings
that people want to offer over this?
2) Any Debian docs that are a must read?  Like where to put applications
self-compiled?

And now for something completely different.

Does anybody have any thoughts about differing Linux magazines?  The
most prominent of which are LinuxMag and Linux Journal.  There is also a
new one from the UK (can't remember the title though).  At over $16 an
issue, I am thinking about getting a subscription to one of these.
 Anyone want to offer their view, at the risk of getting flamed? ;-)
 Any magazines that people prefer over these?

Have a good Christmas everyone.

Darrell
darrellh at plug.linux.org.au