[plug] Debian Disks and Linux Magazines

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Dec 18 12:03:21 WST 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Darrell Horrocks wrote:

> Does anybody have any thoughts about differing Linux magazines?  The
> most prominent of which are LinuxMag and Linux Journal.  There is also a
> new one from the UK (can't remember the title though).  At over $16 an
> issue, I am thinking about getting a subscription to one of these.
>  Anyone want to offer their view, at the risk of getting flamed? ;-)
>  Any magazines that people prefer over these?

<Whinging Mode>
I've been subscribe to LJ (Linux Journal) for nearly 2 years now.  While I
have no problem with the Mag and find the article's interesting, I have had
problems actually getting the magazines.

Of the 7 back issues I ordered only 4 arrived.
Of the 21 issues (I still have 3 left in my 24 month subscription)
	I've been s'posed to receive I've only got 16.

I have on numerous occasions told subscriptions this and get the response.
We don't replace international deliveries.   I can understand their position
and I 'd accept it if is as only 1 or 2 BUT not 8 (Thats a 29% failure rate).

I'm sure that others on this list are subscribers and have no problem.  Just
thought you should know what can go wrong.
</Whinging Mode>

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein