[plug] DTP Software

Anthony Jones ajones at clear.net.nz
Wed Dec 19 13:41:05 WST 2001

On Wednesday 19 December 2001 13:26, Brad Campbell wrote:
> Anthony Jones wrote:
> >> It really depends on what Frank wants to achieve. If he wants a word
> >
> > processor then StarOffice seems to be the best thing I've seen so far.
> > Note that StarOffice 6.0 doesn't appear to work with X version 4 (at
> > least on my
>
> It works stunningly well here, and the anti-aliased fonts just do it for
> me. Grab the latest openoffice build, you won't look back.

It manages to completely lock my computer when running the following version
of X. X just starts gobbling up memory and then the whole machine freezes.
This is the version which comes with Debian Woody. It works on my machine
(across the network) with XFree86 version 3.3. The problem may be specific to
the savage driver (for my Savage IV card).

BTW - Anti aliased fonts really suck on a laptop - who wants fuzzy edges on a
(liquid) crystal clear display.

----

tj at kandinski:~$ XFree86 -version

This is a pre-release version of XFree86, and is not supported in any
way.  Bugs may be reported to XFree86 at XFree86.Org and patches submitted
to fixes at XFree86.Org.  Before reporting bugs in pre-release versions,
please check the latest version in the XFree86 CVS repository
(http://www.XFree86.Org/cvs)

XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System
Release Date: xx August 2001
	If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
	newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
	reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.13 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present