[plug] DTP Software

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Dec 19 13:57:03 WST 2001

Anthony Jones wrote:

> BTW - Anti aliased fonts really suck on a laptop - who wants fuzzy edges on a
> (liquid) crystal clear display.

I find it much more pleasant on my laptop actually. Thats where it really gets used.
I found the scaled fixed fonts way to unpleasant to read on my lcd. I use it on
a 15inch tft flatpanel on my desk also.

I'm running Debian potato with a hand compiled 4.0.3 on my desk
and 4.1.0 on my laptop. Both work flawlessly for SO5.2, SO6 and all the openoffice
builds. Perhaps you have a driver problem as you suggested, or perhaps a library
issue. I have a pair of Matrox cards on my desk and the laptop is a Rage Mobility-M.
I'm using the gatos driver on my laptop so I can watch video properly. Works a treat.

--
Brad....
                   /"\