[plug] isp

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Wed Dec 19 17:47:43 WST 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:25, Wayne Vovil wrote:
> Hi
>
> I hope this is not too much off topic; but I am looking for a replacement
> for my present isp (Telstra Bigpuddle).
>
> I run Linux; but my family are the dark side of the force and use Windoze.

Get a permanent connection and have everyone connect through you.  Running
BIND will give you your domain name; Postfix/Qmail/sendmail & a decent
popserver for your mail (multiple addresses), Apache for the web, then you
can run PHP, ZOPE, MySQL etc to your heart's content.

iinet offers perm connects from $40/month dialup with 250mb free download
limit then 15c/mb after.

http://www.iinet.net.au/products/permanent/voyager-home.html

They also offer adsl.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.