[plug] MySource CMS

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Thu Dec 20 21:12:49 WST 2001

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:03, Grant Malcolm wrote:

> Some degree of database abstraction - or at least support for PostgreSQL -
> appears on squiz.net's wishlist. But i guess i'm really looking for an
> indication of how reliability, availability etc will stack up with
> MySource as it is now - using MySQL.
>
> Ideas? References?

You might care to check out postnuke.com.  We're in the process of allowing
dbs other than mysql.  I'm not absolutely certain about the progress as I'm
not directly involved in that side of things, but I do know that the core
code has been ported to use most of ADODB in preparation.  As far as traffic
management goes I can get you some load stats if you're interested.  Postnuke
is still technically in alpha but that hasn't stop people from using it for
high traffic sites or even the PLUG web site =).

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

If you aren't rich you should always look useful.
		-- Louis-Ferdinand Celine