[plug] firewall rules

John Breen locutus at borg.apana.org.au
Wed Dec 26 14:50:33 WST 2001

At 01:32 PM 26/12/2001 +0800, you wrote:
>John Breen [mailto:locutus at borg.apana.org.au] wrote:
>
> > I was, for some time, running SmoothWall.  Unfortunately, I had
> > issues with
> > the DoV setup on SmoothWall that I was unable to resolve, even using
> > patches specifically designed to do that.  So I moved to debian.
>
>Interestingly enough I am using Smoothwall in the same setting (though with
>an external NetSpider). Are you using a NetJet ??? What specific issues
>where you having ???

I am using a NetJet card, yes.  Specifically, it would NOT dial voice calls
- continually dialled data.  I pulled the smoothwall patches off Traverse,
they didn't help.

>Traverse (http://www.traverse.com.au) are now selling a box designed to have
>smoothwall (or what ever else you want) installed on it and utilise there
>new slimline/half height NetJets. They have even become a smoothwall
>reseller. Makes me think that it is probably just a config issue and not a
>smoothwall specific thing.

I don't know about that.  I do know that I moved everything over to a
debian box, spent a few hours getting it all set up for DoV and everything
now works fine.