[plug] Debian sources.list

Arkem arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Sat Dec 29 11:07:53 WST 2001

> From there if I understand directly it is just an "apt-get update"
> followed by an "apt-get dist-upgrade"

This will do everything you need, though it should be noted that you
may want some things from woody that didn't appear in potato. It
shouldn't be bad if its a server (ie. you don't need to get KDE or
anything). Also though its probably obvious apt system will not do
kernel upgrades or anything. (Its obvious to me now but when I was
first upgrading from potato it wasn't).

> Are all my assumptions correct ??? Also if I have a local Debian
> apt cache of files downloaded a couple of days ago in
> /home/huntm/apt how do add this to the sources.list file.

Not sure how this works but if you have all .deb files in
/var/cache/apt/archive apt will automatically recognise that they are
there and will not download them again if they are required (and the
same version)

Hope this helps.
Paul Chamberlain