[plug] Debian sources.list

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Sat Dec 29 10:47:11 WST 2001

Hiya all,

In preparation for the debian mini conference I have decided to take the
plunge and install woody on my server Ephraim (meaning woody hill country).
I have some potato r0 CD's which I was planning to use to install the base
system and then I was going to add the following lines to my sources.list
file. (UWA is closest to me network wise, appears to be regularly updated
and I want everything hence the reference to non-free, non-us and src).

# Local entries
deb ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian/ woody main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian-non-US/ woody/non-us main
contrib non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian/ woody main contrib
non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian-non-US/ woody/non-us main
contrib non-free

#Get the latest from the US
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib
non-free

>From there if I understand directly it is just an "apt-get update" followed
by an "apt-get dist-upgrade"

Are all my assumptions correct ??? Also if I have a local Debian apt cache
of files downloaded a couple of days ago in /home/huntm/apt how do add this
to the sources.list file.

Michael Hunt