[plug] blowing away WindowsME

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Sat Dec 29 18:48:15 WST 2001

Assuming by what you have said that windows or its DOS component is still
available and will boot then use fdisk to destroy the windows partition
and leave no partition table on the hard drive for the windows virus to
live in.

On 12/29/01, 4:08:32 PM, Sol <solhanna at dingoblue.net.au> wrote regarding
Re: [plug] blowing away WindowsME:

> > Is there an anti-virus flag in CMOS that needs to be turned off at
> > Setup to write the MBR ?

> No. It's not even an option, strangely enough. Thanks for the input
though.