[plug] Dillo - lightweight GTK-based web browser, worth a look

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Dec 30 13:45:27 WST 2001

At 12:53  30/12/01 +0800, you wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 02:15:54AM +0800, Peter Wright wrote:
>
> > When I first ran it (ie. about an hour ago) my reaction (and I have read in
> > the mailing list archives that at least one other person had a similar
> > reaction :) was to blink then think "what? it's loaded already???"
>
>Bah, who needs it?  We've got Mozilla...

Hi Christian

The Computer Angels machines that we prepare (http://www.ca.asn.au) have
mostly 16MB RAM and Nick B and others argue that Mozilla and derivatives
really need 32MB. So Dillo is a possible alternative.

On this and also Daniel's thread, any suggestions for light applications
(word processing, spreadsheet, browser (optionally with mail), graphical
mail clients, and games) would be most welcome.

If you've used lightweight apps that work well, please let me know.

All the best
Harry