[plug] Mouse pointer trails?

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 15:25:12 WST 2001

Howdy folks,

I was wondering whether anyone would have any
experience with mouse pointer trails in X, a la
Windows & co.

As the owner (well, user :) of a laptop with a rather
shocking DSTN screen, I am constantly losing track of
the mouse cursor, especially if I move it in any more
than tiny amounts (which the trackpoint is inclined to
do).

I read in a mini-HOWTO on the subject (the
"X-Big-Cursor" one, I think) that at present, to the
author's knowledge, there was no way to do it, and
that it would probably require modification of X
itself to leave duplicate pointers on the screen.

Any suggestions?

TIA
Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?