[plug] Mouse pointer trails? CAFire

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 16:41:53 WST 2001

> There is a cellular-automata demo somewhere which
> gives you a fireball
> mouse trail. You could do it easily enough using (a)
> shaped
> always-on-top never-takes-focus window(s) to hold
> the trails. But (as
> with Windows) it would cost you much CPU.
>
> I think this is the example I've seen:
>
>      http://home.zcu.cz/~cimrman3/cafire.html

Thanks for that Leon - not _quite_ what I was
expecting (fireballs), but it does the same thing.

Only problem is that it is only over the background
(root window), so it is useless if I have any windows
open (ie. most of the time :). Not the best,
considering that Netscape with all its white
background pages is the worst offender. Maybe I can
patch it...

Andrew