[plug] Mouse pointer trails? CAFire

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Feb 4 13:54:20 WST 2001

Andrew Furey wrote:

> Only problem is that it is only over the background
> (root window), so it is useless if I have any windows
> open (ie. most of the time :). Not the best,
> considering that Netscape with all its white
> background pages is the worst offender. Maybe I can
> patch it...

You should be able to find Netscape's window handle, and have CAFire use
that for display. It and NS might argue a little at times. A better
method is to have (a) transparent-background borderless always-on-top
window(s) matching the bounding box of the CA activity at any instant,
move the window around as appropriate, and have CAFire draw into that.

--
For every romance that begins with a Mickey Rourke type slamming a
Kim Basinger type up against an alley wall in the rain, there are a