[plug] DNS Bind 8

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Feb 4 13:58:32 WST 2001

Robert Andrews wrote:

> Im trying to set up my Bind 8 but I seem to be having some problems

> I cannot ping my site dnsname from a remote internet connection

> I can from any local terminal and my isp hostname

> All internet services work fine.

> Should I expect to see a Forwarding source address

> Do I need to reverse name record

You might need to delegate it from the parent domain. It sounds like you
are using your ISP as a DNS secondary, so emerge.net's DNS ``knows''
you, but the rest of the world needs a way to get from (for example)
emerge.net to squirrel.emerge.net. If emerge.net doesn't know that
you're handling the squirrel.emerge.net subdomain, the buck stops there
for the rest of the world, whereas it may resolve nicely internally.

--
Neonle will continue to be rude, and will nretend that you had a
small stroke which makes you unable to say or see the letter "n".