[plug] DNS Bind 8

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Sun Feb 4 16:59:16 WST 2001

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Robert Andrews wrote:
> But I do have a question
> My isp provides me with 1 permanet ip = 203.57.132.141
> If  use onther isp for my seconder do I have to notify my isp that supplies
> my ip no that I am setting up a new site with a new domain name .

Nope, the only thing you may need to tell your ISP about is if you want
the reverse record for your IP to change to a new hostname you've given
yourself within your new domain (or the domain-name itself). ie, what
hostname appears when someone/somethign does a dig, nslookup or host
lookup on your IP.

> Does he have to set a record to squirrel-resources.com or is this only
> required by me and my seconder.

Just you and the secondary/tertiary DNS servers and your parent.

PD