[plug] Buffer full

Nigel Duff peregrin at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 6 19:38:18 WST 2001

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 07:06:54PM +0800, Christian wrote:

> There was a recent thing on Slashdot discussing how most DVD players
> don't support CD-R's.  There were some links given in the comments with
> information as to which players worked and didn't work.

 I remember reading something about that. Think Sony was one of the names
mentioned. The player does a check of the disk, and refuses to play
anything it views as pirated (ie: CD-Rs)

 From my reading some DVD players only use one laser not two,making
them fault intolerant. They are ok with stamped VCDs. Thats why
CD-RW's usually work without problems, they are closer to the dyes used
in stamped VCDs. Or so i have read. Don't take any of this as gospel.

Nigel