[plug] voodoo 3 and PCI GeForce

Clint Carlson clintcar at dingoblue.net.au
Sat Feb 10 00:19:24 WST 2001

 Greetings All

I recently invested in a grforce2 mx video card, and due to the fact that I
have a brand name computer (bad choice on my behalf), I had to buy a PCI
version. The computer has an onboard voodoo 3, and wehn I tried to install
Red HAt 7, firstoly anaconda would not run, so I had to use the text
install. Secondly, when it cam time to configuire X, it detected a Geforce
DDR, but during the testing phase resulted in an error. I trien usin
Xconfigurator after installation, as well as the drivers from Nvidia's web
site, but all that detected was my Voodoo 3. I also tried using xf86config,
but also to no avail. Could anyone please help me with this .. as my brain
has gone numb trying to figuire out how to get around it.

Clint Carlson