[plug] hard drive errors

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Sun Feb 11 00:05:07 WST 2001

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Barry wrote:
> Feb  9 10:59:39 chronos kernel: hda: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
> Feb  9 10:59:39 chronos kernel: hda: read_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=1206376, sector=182185
>
> is there any way to fix this?

I'd back up the HDD and pull it out if I were you. It appears to be on
it's last legs. I've seen a couple of older drives do this as they begin
to die (especially the old <1GB Seagate and Western Digitals) and
generally ended up throwing them out once they died completely.

PD

--
Paul Day
Email: bonfire at bur.st    Web: www.bur.st/~bonfire    SMS: mobile at bur.st