[plug] OpenSSH 2.3.0

Thomas, Andre asterix031 at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Feb 16 10:52:07 WST 2001

Hi,

Just updated to OpenSSH 2 however I am having a few difficulties on a
particular box of ours that I just cannot iron out.  How wrong can you get
this install?

I did a simple defualt install of SSH and then restarted the daemon.  Now,
every time I attempt to ssh into the box it lets me type in a login, but
does not verify the password (return access denied).  Using this very same
source I have successfully installed OpenSSH onto another box.

Checked the logs (working from memory here; I'm no longer at work) and each
attempt had three entries:

    - mentions the primes file missing; therefore using old prime;
    - PAM rejected by account configuration;
    - and the final entry simply states it had failed.

Can anyone show some light on this for me please?

-André
---
Catch the cat in some tar and hit it with a pipe.