[plug] OpenSSH 2.3.0

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Sat Feb 17 08:07:19 WST 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Thomas, Andre wrote:

> Just updated to OpenSSH 2 however I am having a few difficulties on a
> particular box of ours that I just cannot iron out.  How wrong can you get
> this install?

<snip>

> Can anyone show some light on this for me please?

Are you using ssh protocol 1 or 2 ????  On the client machine the perms on
EVERY file in ~/.ssh need to be 0600.

If you really can't get it going try:

Server:
shutdown the existing server (this won kill active connectiosn)
run sshd -d -d -d

Client:
run ssh -v USER at HOST

You will get more info that you can poke a stick at hopefully that will show
you wheer the error is.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein