[plug] getting debian 2.2

Steve Vertigan vertigan at bigfoot.com
Sat Feb 17 19:44:16 WST 2001

Garry wrote:

> There is an article in today's West (Sat 17th) where Linux cops a backhander
> as being for "pointy eared geeks", and too hard..
> Perhaps someone might like to demonstrate his bias to him with a well sorted
> workstation machine ? Anyone coming next week with such a machine? I'm still
> doing battle with the 3d card, ide cdr and Realtek network card..

So just out of curiosity do you see any irony at all in the preceding
paragraphs?  I'm (mostly) happy with my linux workstation but I can't
deny it's taken a lot more of my time than setting up a windows one
would've done.  I don't normally agree with Nick Miller but this article
didn't seem too far off the mark, except of course where he thinks M$
bundling some applications with the latest windows means they've
"embedded" them into the OS.  Why the West can't afford to hire a
technology writer who actually knows anything about technology is beyond
me.

Regards,
Steve
--
FreeBSD maestro.dhis.org 3.4-STABLE i386
 7:35PM  up 9 days,  6:14, 1 user, load averages: 0.10, 0.05, 0.01