[plug] triple boot and mount point

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Mon Feb 19 15:53:28 WST 2001

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Ari Finander wrote:

> How does one set a mount point for a second linux partition on a drive
> with  four partitions: 1 windows, 1 RH7.0, 1 linux swap, and early
> next week 1 debian2.2?

Just create the directory where you would like the other partition mounted
and add an appropriate fstab entry

eg under RedHat you could create a dir called /Debian/ and add:

/dev/hda3	/Debian		ext2	defaults	0	2

to your fstab,
and under Debian you could create a dir called /RedHat/ and add:

/dev/hda2	/RedHat		ext2	defaults	0	2

to your fstab.

(Assuming Redhat is on partition 2 and Debian is on partition 3)

>  Also, can the two linuxes on the HDD use the same swap file?

Yes, no problem there at all.  You can even share your swap space with
Windows if you enjoy a bit of tinkering...

At least you could with Win3.x - I don't see why you couldn't get it to
work with later windows versions - you can still manually specify a drive,
right?

 - Matt