[plug] VERY basic debian question

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Feb 19 17:12:58 WST 2001

Hello All,
	Last night in a rash of .... well I'm not quite sure what it was.
Anyway I backed up and blew away RedHat 7.0 and replaced it with a potatoe
(first relase).

Anyway having played a little I was wondering what the best way to configure
apt was.

ATM:
tyr:/etc/apt# cat sources.list| egrep '^[^#]'
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r0 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-2 (20000814)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r0 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-1 (20000814)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
deb ftp://ftp.wa.au.debian.org/pub/linux/debian stable main non-free contrib
tyr:/etc/apt#

Now I need some simple help.  What are the best sites to point apt at for
fastest downloads/bandwdth costs.

Also Is there a "closer" mirror of security.debian.org, to save me going
direct, where is the best place to get the non-US stuff from (I assume that is
where openssh and the likes are).

phew.

Yours Tony.

/*