[plug] Linux based router help

Colin Rothnie colinr at tiwest.com.au
Tue Feb 20 09:38:24 WST 2001

I have a question about the Traverse NetJet cards.  I set up a Traverse
NetJet card on a Redhat 6.2 box some months back with the ISDN setup as
detailed on the Traverse web page.  It ran the first time I tried it (which
blew me away), but I noticed there were unusual delays in accessing some
sites.

Tcpdump showed that most of DNS packets arriving from the Internet were
being truncated and that there appeared to be a lot of duplicated DNS
traffic.  From memory, there were a lot of messages along the line of "xxx
bytes missing from packet", but only for packets to named.

I didn't persist trying to solve the problem because I didn't actually need
to use the card, but I would be keen to know if anyone else has seen this
problem before.

Cheers
Colin Rothnie