[plug] NS 6.01 full download

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 21 16:21:49 WST 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:00:27AM +0800, Steve Grasso wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Christian wrote:
[ wrt sea in nutscrape filename ]
> > Dumb question: what's "sea"?
>
> Generally, Self Extracting Archive. In this context, however, who knows??

I was somewhat puzzled about this for a while, too. I originally tried to
use the download-all-the-bits-by-itself installer (for which it was clear
what it was from the filename), but after about the seventh time it fucked
up I decided there must be a way to just download the whole thing and
install it. After a bit of looking I found the aforementioned large file,
but like Christian I was bemused as to what the "sea" bit meant.

And there was no helpful index.txt file to help me out either. Woe, woe.

> Steve

Anyway, after discovering that my helpful housemate had already downloaded
it, I installed. It's actually pretty good (I never tried NS6, so don't
know if it qualifies as a huge improvement). I've been tracking and
building the mozilla source tree for... *thinks* quite a while now.... but
recently needed to do some https: stuff, and couldn't work out if it was
possible to build mozilla with https support, so NS6.01 was the next best
option.

Must say it's a fair bit more stable than the CVS-mozilla builds I've been
using, too. But then you'd expect that from a "release" build.

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
SIGDUMB -- signature too stupid (core dumped)