[plug] For the Debianites

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Thu Feb 22 10:58:19 WST 2001

>From Debian Weekly News:

"And speaking of apt, apt 0.5 just made it into unstable! This major new
 revision of apt includes features like "apt-get build-dep", to download
 a source package, satisfy build dependencies, and build it. And it
 supports the pinning feature, to allow for commands like "apt-get
 install mozilla/unstable" (which installs unstable's version of mozilla
 onto a testing or stable system)."

Whoo!

Now I just need to work out how to set up my sources list so if I give it
access to stable and unstable, it installs stable by default unless I use
the /unstable suffix.

Another quote from that email is "Shoop also entered Debian this week, but
nobody really noticed."

Which of course is a cue to go and find out what Shoop is... :)

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/shoop.html
"we have added object orientation to plain old shell script."

and the OO programmers of the world rejoiced

 - Matt