[plug] pleas help a beginer rescue his system

shevedd at q-net.net.au shevedd at q-net.net.au
Sat Feb 24 22:36:50 WST 2001

Having had my linux system running nicely I reinstalled windows and in so doing lost the duel boot. This I could live with as I had a boot disk that got me to linux easy enough.

Then I added a network card and the system made horrible noises on a hardware level so I striped the system rebuilt it and now the hardware works but the HD withe linux on it is IDE1 master where it was IDE1 slave so the boot disk doesn’t work.

How can I go about getting the system running again with lilo installed and booting nicely without loosing all the data on the linux partition.

Thanking you in advance

Edward Doernberg